Click on a thumbnail to enlarge.
Recommended Gear for Fall Bear Hunting
Personal gear and clothing
- Quality rain gear – Coats & pants. These should be VERY water resistant or WATERPROOF.
- 2Waterproof hiking boots – Gortex or rubber, if leather, bring extra waterproof grease with you
- 2-3 complete changes of warm clothes – It's best to have warm layers than to have just 1 heavy coat
- Insulated & water resistant hat or cap
- 2 pairs of gloves – 1 insulated & water resistant and 1 light weight pair
- 7-10 pairs of good quality wool socks and 2 pair thermal underwear
- Comfortable light weight camp shoes and a pair of sweat pants – Clothes to relax in back at camp
- Synthetic filled sleeping bag – good to -15ºF – Anything except down! All down bags get WET!
- Small back pack or day pack – With enough room for the following items: Binoculars/spotting scope, knife, gloves, rain gear, water bottle, lunch and snacks, small flashlight, camera, film and extra batteries, box of ammo, gun oil, personal toiletries and medicine. Try to keep this pack light weight and comfortable to carry everyday….about 10-20 pounds.
- Hunting rifle & 2-3 boxes of ammo or bow with plenty of arrows
- Frame pack – if you want to help carry meat, antlers or the hide back to camp
We'll fly you to your camp in a Super Cub with tundra tires. Since the Cub can only carry 2 people there will be some ferrying back and forth from main camp. To ensure aircraft safety, there is gear weight restriction of 70 lbs per person (plus gun). All your gear should be in a soft sided duffel bag (no hard luggage, sides or bottom). The waterproof-type are real nice if you have them.